Sunday, March 16, 2014

March 16, 2014

Getting to bed last night was a bit more easier than the previous nights. It is perhaps that I am coming to terms that I have to remain much stronger and "bulk" up to fight this disease. 

As the thinking goes, if you have a specific purpose, you begin to focus like a laser. When I got up this morning, that is exactly how I felt / feel.

I am starting my Chemotherapy on the 19th of March (this coming Wednesday). 

In some ways, preparing to get admitted for the treatment is like packing for a business trip for a few weeks. One gets very used to their normal work surroundings, that when you cannot find that stapler or the ruler, you sort of feel you are in a foreign land. Add to it, you can't just get up and go to the nearest office supplies store.

The ever-present "girl friend" (the IV pole) will remind you politely, if you do step away from her, 3-4 feet (happens in real life too!).

That is the news for this wonderful / cloudy / windy / chilly Sunday.

I will begin to practice watching Fox News -- haven't figured out why the cancer center doesn't care CNN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment