Sunday, March 16, 2014

March 15, 2014

Didn't do much today, other than thinking of what is to come beginning this wednesday. I have had many emails back and forth with my oncologist and he has been unbelievably helpful. I have a better handle on the treatment plan -- a) 3 drug Chemotherapy for 5 days; for a few weeks (not sure of it now)....b)

Whether step a puts me in remission or not, the next step is to start the bone marrow transplant process. There maybe a window of time between step a and b, where I would come home to recover a bit.

What is not clear to me is -- what if a match is not found, not even a partial match ? Would it be a case like organ transplant patients waiting for organs to become available ? Lots of questions and answers to understand, and try to make an informed decision...will need lots of prayers and good wishes !

No comments:

Post a Comment